Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My theme song poem...

I want to share a poem with you all that I read awhile ago, but so perfectly resonated with me that I still think about it. In fact, my Reddit username is based off of it:

I fall into the junk drawer of human existence.
In the way that no one knows what to do with me.
Or more accurately,
I don't know what to do with myself.
Like some oddball key that you haven't used
In 7 years but are sure it locks or opens
Something important.
Or a cable that powers a device
That was left at the beach three summers ago.

"What the hell is this thing?"
"I don't know, but don't throw it out."

That's me.
The don't throw it out things that's in the drawer
Filled with other human beings that don't quite
Fit in the silverware organizer or the mug cabinet.

And maybe it's a good way to live and maybe
It's also a drag some days not knowing what you're
Meant for.
Maybe you're a writer or an artist or a this and that
Some kind of person and you feel lost more than found.

That's cool. At least we're in the same drawer.
And maybe that's the purpose of not having
A fixed purpose.
To team up with other misfits and weirdos,
To do things that haven't been done before.

-Topher Kearby

No comments:

Post a Comment