Sunday, August 27, 2017

All smiles

I had an amazing weekend. Honestly can't remember what I did Friday. But on Saturday, Craftymama had a baby market in parksville so she left early to do that, I dropped the boys off at cableman's house, grabbed a coffee, returned home to Glassman finishing feeding the remaining children lunch. Then loaded them into the van and headed to parksville ourselves. Glassman had errands to do, so he did that while I took the kids. We visited Craftymama at the market (oh my god, the tiny humans there, if they didn't grow - I would completely have another baby). Then we headed off to helicopter park to play in the water and the giant playground. We are some mini donuts, and made our way home, dropping the girls off at Glassman's dads on the way.

That night after all three boys were in bed I was coerced out by Craftymama to a pub with her friends. I had so much fun. We played music poker bingo, annoyed the hell out of other tables and just had a blast. One of her friends drove us home, and we came home to pizza being delivered, and then we laid on the couch together talking before going to sleep.

Today, we woke up, Craftymama and I went to pick up the car we had left at the pub and I went grocery shopping. Came home and she made me an egg sandwich, coloured with J and got ready to go. Craftymama loaded her kayak onto the car, and the boys and Glassman and I took the van and picked up a new used bike for J - his first with pedals! He has been on a run bike until now. It has flames so it's a win even though it isn't blue like he requested.

We met Craftymama and the girls at Airhouse, and we all spent two hours jumping like idiots inside a giant indoor trampoline park. God it's so much harder and more of a workout than I thought. I understand how it is a sport. Craftymama left to go kayaking and we took the kids for cold drinks. Dinner was made, consumed, children bathed and entertained. I went for a walk and this adorable little child took a liking to me. Lost track of time and raced home, to watch Game of Thrones with Glassman. I won't give anything away, but that was the season finale to end all season finales.

It was just a great weekend, and I wanted to document it for those times when I worry I don't do enough with the kids, or that nothing good happens. Good happens. Fun happens. Memories are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment