Friday, August 25, 2017

Just a Good Day

Today I had the day off of work. Craftymama had a meeting with a blossoming Women's Health Centre she is hoping to partner up with as a Doula, and the kids had their final swimming lesson so I stayed home to take them, and watch them while she was at her meeting.

It just felt like a really relaxing family day. Yes, there were the crazy moments where the kids were fighting over video games, and J tried to run across the busy road near us - but that's just life with kids.

The big boys were asked to repeat this level of swimming. LitteR passed onto level 3, and was learned she can do a one handed cartwheel.

Craftymama and I kind of talked about the activities we want to put the kids in for the fall: BigR - swimming again. K - Nanaimo Youth Choir. M - swimming again. LittleR - gymnastics and J is hopefully going into a reggio style preschool 3 morning per week. This is the plan...plans seldom work the way we want them to, but we will see.

Spent the evening the Craftymama, and I had a great time just chatting and bitching and all the good things that two women who essentially have no secrets from one another do.

It's days like these that I will miss when the kids are big, and their lives take them in different directions.



Also: for my work people who think that I didnt write this yesterday. I wrote it after midnight, while nearly falling asleep, and accidentally hit save draft, so I posted it this morning. Still counts for yesterday :P

No comments:

Post a Comment