Thursday, April 18, 2013

Building, School, Work

I haven't forgotten to do a spotlight on K, I just don't have any K pictures that accurately display her personality. We have made some more progress in the bedroom. The dresser has been painted, and brand new purple flower knobs have been added. Baseboard and quarter-round has been added around the room, and of course, you can also see the painted floor in these pictures.

Dresser in alcove with window. 

Painted floor and baseboards. 

purple flower knobs
We need to add crown molding and figure out how to get our stuff to hang up in the closet. We don't have a rod in there, and have put the bigger dresser in there for our clothing. This smaller dresser holds some clothing as well, but there are two of us and we have a lot of clothes. I also need to get a picture of the artwork Craftymama hung on the wall near our bed, it is full of sentiments of love and partnership. It's a wonderful creation.

I start school June 24th, well that's orientation. I am so excited and so nervous. Getting my masters degree is a big deal. I am proud of myself for being eligible to attend and to go, but worried I won't actually be able to do the course work both because its hard and because of everything else that is going on. I am going to have to take 8weeks off of work to do the foundation courses before the actual Masters starts in September. I'm nervous about leaving work for that long as well.

We are going to be going to Toronto again, hopefully, to the Treating Yourself Expo. And this year we are intending to have a booth to sell our products - especially our hemp stem teas and chocolates. We are expanding our business and getting great investments so shows like these are important for exposure. While I am going Craftymama and Glassman man will be building a farmhouse table, though I don't think that one exactly. I can't handle the chaos building that will bring so they decided to do it while I am on the other side of the country for a weekend.

Other projects include painting the living room, the stairs, and doing the playroom, all by the end of summer. It's a tall order, but since when do we do anything easily?

No comments:

Post a Comment