Monday, April 8, 2013

Spotlight on BigR



R is our oldest. He is approaching 7, oh my goodness! I remember when this boy was a tiny little nearly two year old who loved to play with cars, and said " car car " all the time. I remember how quietly and independently he would play. I remember his fierce love for his mama, and most of all I remember how sweet and innocent he was as a young toddler. 

As R got older, he hasn't lost that fierce love for his mama. His games are a little louder - though they still involve cars. 

He is definitely going through that six-year change/first puberty that everyone at school has been warning us about. He has lost his teeth, and is coming into himself, and through that he has an intense need to be heard and for things to go his way. He can be, and is moody. He has strong preferences, but his sensitive side causes him to overreact to most situations - both in the good and bad way. 

He is making adorable little friends at school, and is even going to be proposing to one at school today (they are back from spring break today), and even made a ring for her. Watching him grow socially has been amazing for me, because he is so shy and reserved at home. To know and to witness him coming out of his shell in this way is awesome. 

At nearly 7 R still hates almost lasanga, stiry fry, or any cooked vegetables. He still wears a diaper at night. He now insists on privacy when getting changed or going to the bathroom. He weighs about 50lbs, and is still in a 5-point harness for safety. 

R and I had the hardest time developing a relationship. I think part of him blamed me for cableman's absence. Which is fine, and was expected. But now we have blossomed into this wonderful little niche. He gives me hugs and snuggles, and is genuinely excited to see me and tell me things. I don't think he blames me anymore - though we shall see if he does come teenager time. 

This is the outfit he picked out to propose to his 'girlfriend' in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment