Monday, July 30, 2012

BANISTER!!!

OMG. We did the stair banister over the weekend much to my fears and worries about not knowing how. And it completely changes the look of upstairs. Its so open and bright up there now. The upstairs is really coming along. I'm stoked. Its starting to look like an actual house up there. We haven't even been here and we have completely transformed up there. K's room is done (Andrea is constantly adding cute things though). The boys room is next (after we add molding to the ceiling/wall, which we should have done before the banister in hindsight).

Owning a house has been hard work. The constant stress of money. The constant need to upgrade/improve etc, and the impatience with being unable to do it when we want to.

In other news....

R and LittleR are going to be going to a Snoezelen room next week. It's supposed to be great for kids with sensory issues or autism and they both have sensory issues. I'm excited for them to get to experience an environment where I think there true interests will show and where they will feel more comfortable and not overwhelmed by their surroundings. I can't believe there is one of these in Nanaimo, and I can't believe not more people know about it. I heard about them a while ago, but never thought to look for one close by - that'll teach me.

Still in other news....

My waldorf studies go well. I have finished 3 books of my 8 - which is impressive considering that are by Rudolf Steiner and written in the 1920's. Sometimes its hard for me to keep up, but I'm trying. I'm taking notes and everything. I really hope I get to go to the West Coast Institute, but I may not, I may just volunteer at the kids' school and get some experience that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment