Monday, July 16, 2012

Passion and Growth

Renovations are coming along swimmingly. The only thing really left to do upstairs is moldings around the door...oh and I guess get those closet doors moved back and the bedroom doors painted, and the floor painted....I'm aware that sounds like a lot, but really - in the grand scheme of things, that's so minor. We did light fixtures yesterday - rewiring is interesting. No idea how we would have done it if any one of us was on our own.

I finished my first waldorf book - and I'm stoked at having finished it. Parts of it resonate so well with me. And I love starting something new that I am interested in. I'm excited at the possibility of going to school and actually making a difference, and doing something I might actually love to do. Getting to be on my feet, working with kids in an imaginative playful environment. Hopefully it will happen, and if not, I will volunteer and fill my cup that way.

Craftymama has also followed her passion into old houses with a bunch of books about, well, different kinds of old houses I guess. The excitement in her voice and the genuine interest is so amazing, I hope she sticks with it and actually pursues it even when it becomes difficult. Which it will because getting the Masters is hard, logically and financially.

Kids are good. R lost his first tooth - OMG BIG. It was an amazing experience. I very rarely get to experience a true first with R. Most of the firsts come when they are babies (first steps, words, foods etc) but this one, this one is big. It is a step from young child to older child and I consider it a privilege that I was there for it. Now if only we could find the tooth in his bed. He lost it while sleeping....

Oh, and I am beginning to night wean LittleR. She has been day weaned for quite some time, but I am getting, or starting to get squeaked out by it at night. It's not too early, or too late - I feel it's the right time. LittleR seems to be doing okay with it, not a lot of screaming at night. But the littlest is getting big too, and soon I won't be nursing anymore - and that's a weird thought to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment