Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Moving

So we are moving in 8 days.

That's crazy.

A house start over in, kind of. Same people - same set up - different location.

I'm hoping it makes things better. I'm hoping once all this buying a house moving business is done with that there will be less stress for all. Maybe it will help everyone chill the fuck out a bit. I don't know. Everyone is on edge.

I haven't had a big part of the packing - mostly because I have been working or otherwise unavailable.

I'm worried about craftymama. She is so strong, and she doesn't realize it. I hope she still thinks this is all worth it. Glassman is going through his own stresses, and we no longer have the type of relationship where he tells me whats up.

The kids are growing and excited for the changes ahead. R keeps talking about all the things he wants to do at the new house. But he has also been claiming that he doesn't want to be a kid anymore. It's mostly because he wants to drive a car, but it pains us all - you don't appreciate being a kid until you aren't one, and nothing we say or do can convince him of this.
K is a lot. She is a diva, and a princess and all the things that come with that. She seems to have difficulties with her own identity. She is doing a lot of copying and needing a lot of physical attention - hugs and what not. I wonder if she is feeling insecure, and I wonder why.
M..well..M has entered 3 with the same speed he was born at. He hit it hard and hasn't stopped. He doesn't do well with chaos, and we all overlook that fact because he is so busy. He needs the physical security that K is craving as well.
LittleR is growing. And its hard for me to let her grow. She is talking more, and its awesome. Craftymama is done with her coming into bed in the morning, but I'm not ready to give that up yet. Those morning nursing and cuddling sessions make me feel more like a mom than anything else I do - I need those moments still. I know they will fade soon, and I know I need to redefine my role as a mom. But I'm grasping at anything I can. I have to find a way to get Craftymama more sleep though. I'll try bringing LittleR to the couch again.

Life goes on and on and on. I now doubt that it will slow down, but maybe soon we will stop having to make giant decisions and we can just exist in our chaos.

I love all of my family, and I want nothing more than for us to find balance and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment