Friday, October 28, 2011

All Hallow's Eve

Halloween is coming. As with all holidays there is a slight tension in the air between Craftymama and myself. We differ wildly on the practice and purpose of holidays. In short - I don't like them, or at least how they are practiced conventionally.

Halloween is an easier one I guess. There isn't much to it. There is the stress of making a costume - I cant buy costumes for two reasons 1) that'd cheating, and cheaters dont deserve candy and 2) I can't make myself be okay with spending $50 minimum for our four kids' costumes on a holiday that is over in two hours - we have better things we could spend that money on, in my mind. So we make them. Only this year, it's the 28th, and no costumes have been made. Life has been hectic and chaotic and so so crazy that we just haven't had time, and frankly, I have been incapable of it. So what do we do?

We can either buy the costumes - and I can tremble a little inside, they can all go as ghosts or something (I totally rocked the ghost costume one year!), we can buckle down and actually make them something, or we can not celebrate it this year because everything else is going on.

I dont know what we do - I feel I can't make this decision because good or bad Craftymama will be handling, dealing with, or doing most of it. But I know she doesnt want to make the decision either.

3 days...the answer will come in three days. Oh - and of course the men remain quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment