Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring is Coming

So spring is upon us - almost. There are birds out, the kids go to bed when the sun is still in the sky (6:30-7:00), and the trees are beginning to blossom. With spring comes spring cleaning and boy do we need it!

When we moved into the house the old owners hadn't even moved all of their stuff out, and they hadn't cleaned a single thing. Our move was so chaotic that even still, these many months later, we are still trying to unpack and organize. There are baseboards to be washed, behind the oven to be cleaned, cobwebs to take down - as we seem to have a family of spiders who like to leave them no matter how many times we sweep the ceiling. Right now, the house is in disarray because we moved the dining room around to make it more functional and as a result we displaced our play area. This was right before the christmas influx of toys and things - so now all of those items clutter our dining room and office. Everything is waiting on this play room, which is waiting on the bedroom. No pressure Craftymama, I'll help where I can.

Spring also means cleaning of the yard. Toys to be picked up, random construction pieces to be put in the over flowing garage, and then grass to be mowed. Mowing the lawn is my job, and though, before I was a home owner, it was something I always thought I'd enjoy doing, I don't so much. It's not too bad but it would be a lot easier if our yard wasn't coolly over grown, and if it was an even shape instead of all over the place - I don't know how to make it look nice.

I've also been thinking more on negativity as this season of regrowth is upon us. I know, historically speaking, I haven't had the best relationship with my family. This is not my fault, or theirs completely. It is merely a symptom of our different life paths and our inability to see eye to eye about our differing choices. With this spring, this regrowth I have decided to open my heart and my mind to them and attempt to embrace them. This will be my last effort to do this, as I have gotten hurt so many times in the past. However, everyone starts off on even footing, there are no grudges, no hard feelings; just open acceptance and love. I will NOT put my family at risk of being berated or mislead, but I will allow myself the opportunity to get to know them as they truly are rather than holding them accountable for past mistakes. This will take time, and I hope my efforts are not misplaced.

I am also going back on the fitness band wagon. With my medication, my bad habits, and my mental break oh however long ago I have put on quite a bit of weight. I have been trying off and on to lose weight and get healthy but I kept making excuses. NO MORE EXCUSES. Yes, it may be more challenging for me because of the medication, and yes it will eat up my time in the evenings, but it's important. I don't like the way I look, I used to, but not anymore. I will change it.

This is a year for change, a year for cleaning out "the old cobwebs" so to speak, and a year of acceptance. I hope I can get my house in order, my life in order, my body in check, and my family on board with who I am and who I love.

Yay spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment