Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ch Ch Ch Changes

There are big changes coming to our family, and I am so excited and in shock about all of them!

However, I have been given the opportunity to go to school again by my job - and that's what I want to talk about today!

I currently work as a Bookkeeper and General Manager of my company, and to hone my skills and increase my value in the company they have offered to send me to University again to get my Masters Degree in Business Administration. That's right an MBA!

I am so in shock and grateful for this opportunity. Doing the program part time will allow me to continue to work to support our family. The only downside is I need foundation courses, which start this summer, and those are an 8-week intensive program. I am unsure what this means, but I doubt it means I will be able to work much, so I need to figure out how I am getting by during those 8 weeks of schooling.

I am so stoked at this opportunity to go back to school. Watching Craftymama and Glassman take courses online has refueled the desire in me to do some learning, I just never knew what I could do or what would be of value to me. An MBA is certainly of value - for a long time to come.

This news also comes bitterly. I really want to be a Waldorf teacher and work in that environment, and taking my MBA will mean signing a contract to stay here for as long as it takes me to finish school. Which means no Waldorf Education until after that time. It also means that Craftymama's school plans will be on hold as our house isn't ready for both parents to be taking advanced education at the same time. Getting my MBA though will mean more money for us, for her to eventually go to school, and for me to pay for waldorf training when I have the time. In the long run this could get me to a point where I am able to live my dream - even if I am 40 when it happens. Who says life stops at 40? (well, I do, because I am approaching 30 and that is just downright scary to me).

So there's some exciting news. I may be going to school again! The actual MBA program starts in the fall, that's not too long away at all. Now all I need to do is to be accepted into the program...man I hope I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment