Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Process

So we continue our process of renovating our house. Glassman and Craftymama took out a wall in the bathroom, and took out the old toilet and then we spent the next 8 hours installing the new one and building a wall. It was a long process but we have a new wall and a toilet and we did it all ourselves. Its not perfect, but it's gonna work. A full bathroom reno is in the future as well.

I'm impressed with the rate of progress. Craftymama wants to go faster, and Glassman - well I'm not sure he cares either way, but that's part of his personality.

Owning and renovating your own house is fun and stressful and a lot of work. But in the end, it will be worth it.

I have also been getting myself more informed or knowledgeable of the LGBT community. I joined a group on facebook, and have been reading and what not. I guess before I never felt like I fit into that crowd, but I'm realizing that both to myself and to others - I am currently in a lesbian relationship, and thus I do fit in, and should know what's going on.

I didn't realize how many people were still homophobic. I find myself angered at the things that are still unequal, and angered at how different it still is. I don't know. I am both excited and nervous about displaying my true colours, not that it really changes who I am, but maybe by completely embracing it I will feel more comfortable with it.

This entry was all over the place. But..it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment