Thursday, April 19, 2018

Day 3 of "freedom"

It's been incredibly weird this past few days. I have felt lost with no direction and nothing really I have to do. I mean...I have to get the kids, and walk the dog and things like that. But really...I have very little obligations. Today, for example, I had a job interview at 10:30 this morning. So I woke up, drove glassman to work went out to the airport to grab something for craftymama, came home, switched vehicles and then took the kids to school. Then I came home and had some breakfast/entertained the dog and then got ready for My interview. I have decided that I want to be Myself and authentic. Of course I still want to be professional, but I don't want to go in there and pretend to be exactly what they need me to be - even though I can do that very easily. I want to be Myself and if they hire Me - great, if not - oh well. So I dressed professionally, but still like Myself - used hand moisturizer in My hair to keep the frizz down and went to the interview. I was very over qualified, and its not a job I want anyways. But, honestly, I am not stressed. My interview was 9 minutes long - which is absolutely hilarious considering My last job was 2 interviews of at least 45 minutes in length each. I grabbed coffees, met craftymama after her appointment gave her a hug and the hot beverage and went home. she was going off to work at an event. I went home...and...well...I danced in My living room for a while, did the dishes, scrubbed the cupboards and stove/oven, and then walked the dog. It was great. I had so much fun, and even though it was just cleaning I felt like I had actually accomplished something over the course of the day. At work, I could work all day and still come home feeling like I had done nothing. Then I went at got the kids, LittleR took Me out for coffee, and then I went home. I sat with craftymama and watched K try to make cake and fail but still enjoy herself. I started the cleaning the deck of - well - everything. Then I created some sort of weird yet delicious dinner concoction, made brownies, did most of the dishes. I don't want to be this busy every day, I don't want to necessarily be cleaning this much every day. What I do want is the sense of accomplishment, I want to feel like My days have purpose.

I had the thought while I was walking the dog that I can't actually remember a time when I was this happy with as many aspects of My life as I am right now. Things aren't perfect, they will never be perfect, and there are still some things I want to change, and some things I want to do, but you know what - it's getting there. I feel like quitting My job was the best thing I have done in a long long time (other than getting back together with craftymama). I feel such a sense of relief. I didn't realize how much it was affecting Me as an individual.

I am applying to jobs, and I will go to interviews. I will also wait to find one that is going to work. I don't want to settle. I want to enjoy My life, and I want to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment