Monday, April 30, 2018

2 Weeks

I got a job.

I submitted resumes to random places - places I wasn't qualified for, places I was just mildly intrigued by (garbage man!? Hell Yeah!). I had 3 interviews, and a 4th scheduled. I was offered 2 full time jobs - one as a supervisor. I told them both I did not want to work full time, and that I only wanted to work 3 days per week, but I was okay with working 10 hours per day if they wanted. I was expecting at least one of them to back out - as they were both looking for full time employees. Both places got back to Me and said they would do that. The coffee shop that wanted Me as a supervisor, wanted 3-4 days at 10 hours per day, and paid less. The other place, a dispensary, wanted 8 hours per day 3 days per week and paid more, with benefits after 3 months. The dispensary also said that when they expanded in Nanaimo they intended to make Me a keyholder. I honestly just want a job I can go to, talk to people, have interesting conversations, and then go home. I don't want to be relied on - so we will see if I take keyholder position if/when it is offered to Me. It is pretty cool that both places wanted Me so badly that they were willing to offer Me exactly what I wanted.

These last two weeks have been amazing for Me. Craftymama and I took off to Tofino a week ago. We intended to go for a hike on Gabriola, got sidetracked, headed North on the island, and she randomly said let's go see Tofino - as I had never ever been there. When we got to Port Alberni, I think she jokingly said let's spend the night, and so we did. It was a very non Me thing to do. It was spontaneous, and not logical, but I got rid of logical brain and we went and I did not think about finances at all. It was amazing. Tofino was amazing. I wanted to hate it, I really did. But I couldn't. It took My breath away oh so many times, and it was perfect. I would be happy going with Craftymama on adventures around everywhere. I want to do things that amaze Me and take My breath away. I don't need a fixed home, I would be happy travelling. We intend to buy a bus, convert it into a house, and then travel around. I am so beyond stoked.

On top of Tofino, these unemployed weeks have been quite transformational in a very quiet sense I guess. I have realized the importance of doing things - whether it's work, kids, anything - that make you happy. Your own selfish happiness can be prioritized while you are being a responsible adult etc. I wish I didn't have to go back to work, but as it stands that is what needs to happen, so it's okay. I actually believe that craftymama and I will get our bus, and will actually do these things that we have been talking about for years. We are working towards something, as opposed to just surviving each day. I am enjoying each day, as opposed to waiting for tomorrow or some specific set of scenario in order to be happy.

I have walked the dog, I have danced, I screamed as loud as I could when no one was around. I have done errands, I have been here when My kids get home and been able to pick them up as well as drop them off. I have experienced, in a very small sense, what craftymama has been doing for the last 8 years. I have made dinners and done the dishes and not been ragey about it. It has been challenging in that I talk a lot less to people, but in exchange, I am watching people a lot more and have realized that I really enjoy it. I am really intrigued by people, and want to understand them. I have career aspirations involving understanding people..but that's for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment