Saturday, January 18, 2014

There are three holes in my knee

I went in for surgery on Monday. It was supposed to start at 1:30 but didn't get started until 3:30. It was a very long wait in a very boring waiting room by myself and without my phone - oh my reliance on technology. I get into the operating room and the anesthesiologist is an ass. He talks to me but cuts me off before I finish speaking. He jabs the needle in my arm, literally jabs, several times to get an iv in. Finally he gets it - but ftr I have a big blue and yellow bruise now because of his less then gentle approach. Off to sleep I go - it is the coolest feeling ever, I love trying to fight it and being completely unable to.

I wake up and am instantly wide awake - though apparently I was yelling for craftymama when I first started to come out of it. I have no recollection of this. The pain was immediately there. Something that I hadn't felt in my previous two surgeries. After about half an hour I was wheeled to another area where I waited and ten eventually got myself dressed and then wheeled in a wheelchair out to craftymama. They gave me a prescription for tramadol and for physio and pretty much sent me in my way. I don't even really know what kind of surgery they did. At home I did some research on tramadol and found out it's partially contraindicated with a med I'm on and my history. I call the nurse's line who agrees with my assessment, but says take it for the first day and call my doctor the next. I do that am told by the receptionist that my surgeon is tied up all day but she will call me back the next day. Meanwhile it hurts like a son of a, but I am moving around as much as I  able. She calls back the next morning and says to go to the pharmacy and get t3's, I wait a couple of hours and call the pharmacy to see if they have filled the prescription and they haven't even gotten it yet. I call the office back and she's like "oh yeah, I guess you need a prescription for that, well I don't want to bother the dr so just take extra strength Tylenol ever three hours" ugh!

Then I call the physio department at the hospital to schedule some physio and am told that they don't do knees anymore and neither does the duncan hospital - so I have to go to a private clinic - which I can't afford.

This surgery has sucked. It's been 5 days since I had it an it still hurts so bad. It's insane. The incision sights are like searing sharp pain. This sucks so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment