Saturday, January 11, 2014

Surgery and Homeschool

My surgery date was changed to this Monday, at noon. I had work that I really needed to get done, and now I lose that day - it is very frustrating. This will be the 4th time I have been under general anesthesia. The first was for endometriosis, and the second and third were for my knee.

I am more nervous this time then I was any of the other times. Maybe it's because I'm older now, or maybe it's because I know I can't just recover this time, I still have to go to work and parent the kids. Craftymama has asked how dependent on her I will be, and I am hoping not very much. It is my aim to return to work Thursday, I know I will still be on crutches - but we can't really afford for me to take all that time off.

We are considering homeschooling the kids once they get to the grade school. So keeping them in the waldorf program for preschool and kindergarten, and then having them at home. We would combine curriculum's so K and BigR would be doing the same grade, and M and LittleR would also be doing the same grade. It would be nearly impossible for Andrea to teach four separate yet so closely related curriculum's to them. We would probably follow the waldorf style - perhaps the Christopherus Program. We have talked to quite a few parents in the Sunrise grade school who aren't all that impressed with how things are progressing and being structured. we don't want our kids to be the guinea pigs while they try to find something that works. We're not paying for our kids to be the guinea pigs. We have to decide relatively soon though because re-registration is in like 2 months, and if K and BigR are going to start than we won't be registering them, plus we'd also need to order the homeschooling supplies so that we can plan and organize ourselves a bit. It's a big decision, and not one we are taking at all lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment