Thursday, January 17, 2013

Destruction and Rebuilding

This is what I managed to accomplish in an hour of ripping up the floor in our new room. It's laminate/asbestos flooring on top of original (painted) hardwood. 
This is what Glassman managed to accomplish in an hour. The whole floor is up. Oh what I wouldn't give for some upper body strength. 

This is what happens when I leave to get them food. They painted each other's faces with lipstick. 


The floor and insulation ready to go up. 

Insulation installed! Before there was just two layers of paneling separating the boys' room and this room. It made the rooms cold and not sound proof at all. Now it's changed. 

Now there is also drywall up along the above wall. We have to wait another two weeks before we can finish dry walling the room. I shouldn't lie - the floor, insulation and dry wall project has been a Glassman and Craftymama thing. I've been getting them food and watching the kids :)



And just to end off here is an adorable picture of Craftymama and M


1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I can't wait to see what the house will look like the next time I get a chance to visit the island! So beautiful, and so much work! Love those walls.

    ReplyDelete