Monday, April 19, 2010

Where My Life Would Be

I have been wondering of late where my life would be right now if things hadn't have happened as they did back in November.

My feelings for Craftymama had been there for a very long time, and were approaching a breaking point for me, wherein, I would have had to tell her how I felt. If it did mean losing our friendship, then I dont think she would have realized how she felt - though she claims otherwise.

Glassman and I had intended to start trying for another baby in March, so hopefully by now we would be pregnant. Craftymama also wanted to get pregnant in March - we were going to be pregnant together: that dream has gone out the window.

I'd still probably be living in our small little 1 bedroom basement suite - which I loved and which was cheap! We'd still have the blue car that we had just purchased brand spanken new in the beginning of October, and we'd probably be watching the same dvd's of scrubs, stargate, and law and order in the evenings.

Now, I live in a seemingly giant house - though it seems small for 7 people. I drive a minivan - we traded in the brand new blue car, for a 2008 minivan and owed *more* money on it. And we dont even have a tv (well we do, but its in the craft room down stairs, not hooked up).

I say these things like Im complaining, but Im really not. All those things are material in nature, and the love I am experiencing now for my family is far more important, valuable, and awesome than any of those things. Do I miss my old life sometimes? Of course, but only in that looking back on the past; remembering how great it was, and wishing you could relive it just to experience it fully kind of way.

I wouldnt trade my life for the world. I Love Craftymama and Glassman and all of our very loud, very messy, and very adorable kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment