Monday, June 17, 2013

Poll

I'm not sure how many different people who read this, but I'm wondering:

Who thinks we should find out the sex of the baby?

Craftymama and I can't make up our minds, we keep wavering back and forth. In the beginning we wanted to find out so that we could better bond with the baby, which we were both not doing well at in the beginning. But now, all that has changed, and both of us are bonding more. (As I have said - I'm in love with her belly!). Craftymama has never had the surprise at birth, whereas I have had it twice. But I've also never found out during pregnancy - we are both on opposite sides.

We think we have names, no I'm not telling, so it would be interesting to actually be able to pick one, and use it (in secret away from the chatting kids). But the surprise is so wonderful, and I'd love to experience it from this side. To watch the awe and anticipation on Craftymama's face as she learns if it's a boy or a girl.

Such a hard choice!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely vote for waiting. We waited and I was so glad. It gives extra motivation through a painful delivery, you WANT to find out the gender so bad! There are so few real and magical surprises in life and this is the biggest one I think you can ever have. It will be amazing for Andrea and for you on "the other side". I'll never forget being at my sister's births and when the baby's head comes out but you still don't know boy/girl and then suddenly he or she is there and it is such a surprise.... a moment you'll never forget.

    wait! i vote wait! plus, you could find out and it could be wrong and it is just way more anti-climatic.

    k, that's my two bits! by the way, i am excited to see you have a blog! i'll have to read more later : )

    emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely wait. finding out is so lame! we are so obsessed with knowing everything in our culture!

    ReplyDelete