Monday, August 13, 2012

Ouchies and good pain

M broke his finger :( R accidentally slammed it in a door. It was so hard not being home for that. I just wanted to hold him and snuggle him and make it all okay and better. Apparently he was screaming quite hard (no doubt) and had to go to the hospital. It is in a splint now for 10 days. My poor little babyman. But he is strong, and tough and will get lots of love.

Reno's go. Craftymama was painting trim and posts and railings today and the pictures are phenomenal. Part of me wants to be more involved with the renos but I feel so detached. I mean, we need Glassman and his tools and he does a lot of the constructiony work, and craftymama is home during the day so she gets the other stuff done. None of the projects really feel like mine. I mean, I have input, don't get me wrong, but I rarely do any of the work. I suppose I should try harder if I want to be involved, I think I am just making excuses and feeling sorry for myself for not being home during the day - like I want to be, to actually do them yk? I need to find a way to be okay, with all parts, of working during the day but I suspect there will always be some guilt.

Craftymama has the week off of sewing so is making use of it by taking the kids out anywhere she can, getting some knitting done, and doing all the things she wants to be doing. I'm elated for her. It must be hard to have to work like that and be home.

Running goes well. My pace is still slow but I'm doing it! I can run 25minutes straight now, which I am kind of proud now, and I only have like 3 runs left in the program. After that I may go back to week 5 and work on my pace a bit to make it faster. I want to get back up to running at least 5km in 30 minutes. I'm also doing workouts every other day (inbetween running), and am starting to love it. It feels good to sweat that much. Now if only my body would respond accordingly and lose some weight. Craftymama has told me about this BMR BME thing, and while it makes scientific sense it's hard to tell myself to eat *more* calories in order to lose weight - but I'm trying it out. Everything is worth trying at this point in my weight loss goals.

Bikes continue to be a hit, with the exception of M, who has boycotted his bike now - though doesn't want anyone else to ride it. I've also really enjoyed taking the kids to the lake every Saturday morning before Cableman gets there to visit the boys. THis next weekend, I'm thinking the beach to play in the ocean, find shells, and pick up crabs. It's wonderful to spend that one on one time with all of them; even if it can be trying at times.

So that's us - and that's our lives lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment