Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Activities

So we are almost, almost, done signing the kids up for some activities this coming fall.

BigR will be doing Boy Scouts. We did originally have him signed up for this while living in Cobble Hill but that troop or group or whatever it's called folded and we didn't find a new one. He is excited to earn badges and really enjoyed going for the short time he went. He is also really into playing guitar, as he was front row at the Keith Urban show at Sunfest this year. Glassman and I will have to break out ours and maybe show him a thing or two - if I can even remember.

K will be doing Girl Guides. We wanted to sign her up for a St Johns Ambulance Cadets Group - so she would learn first aid, and all the medical stuff she has really been interested in but after trying to make contact with them for several months we have given up. Guides will be a good opportunity for her to talk to people, which she loves doing.

M will be going into Soccer. Honestly, I do not look forward to this. Being a soccer parent, I hear, is cold and wet and it's a very long season. But he really wants to do it, so who are we to say now based on superficial kind of pathetic reasons. He is a natural runner for his age because he is so tall and has always loved watched soccer so this will be a good fit for him I think. He is also excited about cleats - he really wants cleats.

LittleR..there is the tricky one. She did the equestrian camp and I would love to put her into that but its out of our price range. She is also doing rock climbing right now (both gifts from grandparents for her birthday) and she seems really good at that - she has always loved to climb. K has influenced her into wanting to take dance but anyone call tell she doesn't actually want to do that. I don't know what to put her in, like at all. We could stick with rock climbing, but it is a bit on the expensive side as well. Ugh, I just don't know - but registration dates for things are closing in on us fast.

As for J..well his interests consists of nursing, cars, trucks, chasing kitties, grandpa, being wrapped on my back and the water. He will continue to do those - unscripted. He is also becoming quite the swimmer - kind of. He is walking on his hands while kicking his feet in the water and when it gets too deep he like flails his arms around, without being scared, to keep his head above water. I am hopeful he will be our kid that won't go through a being terrified of the water phase.

As for activities for the adults...well, glassman continues to work on his novel, or a new one as he finished his first and is letting it sit for awhile before proofing it. He is also working on some short stories. Craftymama is working hard on her center for education - networking, planning meetings, advertising etc. It's really coming along and she is putting a lot of energy into it. I'm proud of the both of them for following their dreams. And me? Well, I'm still plugging along trying to figure things out for myself as a person and what not. So, I don't really do activities, I kind of just exist at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment