Friday, March 27, 2015

Meet Orso


Yes - that picture is hard to see. The house has crappy lighting, and the dog is black. We (read: everyone else in my family) has been pining after a dog. Glassman has been nearly begging for a German Shepherd for as long as I can remember. Craftymama loves her golden retrievers and labs. And me, if I had to pick a dog it would be a malamute of a husky.

We (they) had been looking at the SPCA site for weeks and had actually gone to see a few dogs. One butt ugly dog, a husky, and a german shepherd. The SPCA is ridiculous, to be honest. I get it they have to look out for what's in the nest interests of a dog, but, if you're going to say no because I have kids than tell me that over the phone instead of making me drive to Victoria and visit with the dog. Ugh! They were just not helpful. Then they recommended this other dog to us, and we visited with him and he literally just nipped at and jumped all over the kids and was insane. I don't see how they thought this dog would be a good fit for us.

Regardless, craftymama found this guy. They went up to visit him and they all fell in love. He is an 8 month old Lab crossed with something. His name is Orso (it's Italian for Bear). The SPCA told us he was past most of his puppy behaviours, as I really didn't want a puppy. Turns out he jumps, he nips, he is hyper - he is most certainly still a puppy - except that he is house trained, which is a severe plus.

Craftymama tried to train him, but he really seems to be responding to Glassman. He already knows sit, down, and is learning stay. He is also walking a lot better on a leash than we first got him - so there is hope.

So we have a dog. The next dog we get is a malamute. An older malamute - cause there is no way in hell I'm doing a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment