Wednesday, February 4, 2015

So that sucks

So...glassman's job in Nanaimo had to lay him off a few weeks back due to lack of work. We were bummed. But then he got this job at a local glazing place. Yay same wages and saving on gas. Everything was going well. Or so we thought. Last week he got laid off again due to lack of work.

Now what the F*** do we do?

I don't make enough to support the whole family every month, it's just not feasible. He needs a job, and preferably one not in glazing where there seems to be yearly lay offs and not enough work to go around. I understand that at 29 when you only have one skill and need to have a job that can actually support a family it's hard to know what to do, and virtually nothing out there. Glassman is going on EI and that will help, and he is hoping to find a job that at the minimum pays what he needs to make in order for us to cover our bills. He has applied at a few places but he isn't the best people person, he admits it himself, so I know this will be a difficult process for him.

Of course this happens like our second month into bankruptcy and right before a bankruptcy payment is due. Did you know there is a monthly fee when you file bankruptcy? Cause that's fun...hey I have no money to pay my bills but here is some money for you.... Really, though, it wasn't that hard when glassman was working, we have extra, or we should have but we are still playing catchup on the bills we didn't file bankruptcy on. It's funny, we had to go to this counselling session and in it she was like "make a grocery list and meal plan"...Uhhh...duh...we have 8 people in the house I HAVE to do that. Have budgets for things you do, like coffee, we already do that. Don't buy new computers and things. All our furniture is second hand, our computer was given to us second hand, our clothes are second hand. I shop well and I shop sales. I know what I'm doing. When we filed we didn't even have a ton of credit cards. We had one, which, frankly, we stopped paying when we knew this was coming because what was the point in paying it. What caused this was a house we were mislead on that came crashing down around us at the same time I lost my job due to my mental health. It was honestly the house that did us in. Yes I have learned things from the experience, but at the same time, we didn't make drastic every day mistakes to get here.

Going through this made me realize that we don't know people's circumstances. I know there are people out there who know that I have filed for bankruptcy and think what a horribly irresponsible person I am. When that wasn't the case. I know there are people out there who judge me, and the 3 of us without asking questions or clarification on something they don't understand; whether it be poly or mental illness. People make assumptions, we judge other people. I am SO guilty of that, but I am realizing how detrimental it can be, and how hurtful it can be. Plus, I am learning what a waste of time and energy it is to judge other people. But it's a habit, and a hard one to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment