Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Meditation and Yoga and Health

I've been in a good place for the last 6 or so weeks. It's been wonderful. I have not taken a moment of it for granted, because I can still (and probably will always be able to) remember how awful and full on depression, suicidal, episode feels like. It's awful - for me and for my family. I have enjoyed not being so stressed, and so worried, and so sad, and so without motivation or drive for anything. But I can feel it thinking about wanting to come back, and I am trying to take steps to prevent that from happening.

There was that Vipassana Meditation Course I was going to go to at the end of January. For financial reasons, it just didn't work out, so I have signed up for another one at the beginning of March. I am on the waitlist, but I am spot #1 so I am pretty sure I am going to get it.

Craftymama suggested I try yoga, as I had said before that might help, but again for financial and time reasons I am hesitating. I know the potential cost (both financial and otherwise) of entering a depression again, but I also know how much money we have right now, and how much we need it for other things - so it's a balancing act that I don't know how to solve yet. I am working on it though, as quickly as I possibly can.

LittleR and J have the chicken pox. It took like two weeks to pass from K onto them and so far the older boys are still pox free. A baby with the pox is awful. He is so uncomfortable and screamy all the time. Very little sleep is being had for Craftymama and I. LittleR has mostly been tired and sleeping at random intervals, but today she has ventured back into her weird stubbornness so I think she is beginning to feel better.

Glassman was forced to take some time off from his shop in Nanaimo due to a lack of work, so he found some work for a local company for the next couple of weeks. He is enjoying not having the hour long commute twice a day, and I am enjoying the savings on gas! I'm unsure if it will turn into a full time permanent thing, no one is sure. But it's fantastic that he was able to find some work here while the shop in Nanaimo is without any.

Craftymama is also teaching handwork classes to a group of kids on Thursday evenings. This means Glassman and I are alone with all the kids for dinner and bedtime. It's gone quite well thus far. Everyone was happy, and the kid whose turn it was for bathing was bathed, even J fell asleep on my back while I was doing dishes. Craftymama came home to 5 sleeping children and a clean house - what's better than that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment