Saturday, June 9, 2012

Birthdays

It's R's birthday tomorrow! He has decided he isn't going to be six. He is going to stay five but just get taller tomorrow. He's a cute kid. Craftymama made a bunch of mini cakes that have flag designs in icing - he is quite into his atlas. She also has spent like the last 3 weeks handcrafting him a waldorf inspired doll with clothes - it looks quite awesome. I realized that I am the only one who didnt get him anything - and that makes me feel like an awful parent. Even Glassman got him something.

I love the way we do birthdays - simple, family orientated - but I can't get on board with gifts, and maybe that's just how its going to be - no one gets gifts from me. Though I realized that when glassman and I were together and we would get a gift for someone, or I would make something for someone mutual then it was always from the both of us - even if he had nothing to do with the actual crafting or procurring of it. I wondered why that was, and why it's not that way anymore. Perhaps because Craftymama sees the boys as so firmly her boys that doing that would just seem weird, and glassman and I doing that now would just seem very relationshippy, I dont know - stupid holidays and my constantly overthinking them.

Regardless, it shall be a fun day of clay making/painting, playing, presents, dinner, and cake. And then we will do it all again in less than three weeks for LittleR....

No comments:

Post a Comment